Exploring difficult conversations with forum theatre.
This clip is from a forum theatre session on difficult management conversations and explores effective feedback. The session in real time explored a variety of behavioural strategies. This extract is to give a flavor of the idea of ‘winding back’ the action and taking suggestions from the participants and/or the facilitator.
The principles we explored and applied included:
• Checking what really happened, and all parties’ understanding of the event.
• Being explicit about ones expectations and hopes.
• Thinking about the impact of the behavior and why it matters.
• Being assertive while maintaining positive regard.
• Separating observable behavior from assumptions about someone’s personality or thinking.
• Encouraging the recipient to come up with possible solutions.
Check out the video below and see how forum theatre is an effective way to take theory and put it into practice effectively.
Performance management and giving constructive feedback. A video about giving constructive feedback to someone who is not performing well in a new management position. This intervention uses forum theatre and the Leading and Developing High Performance model. This particular clip is from a forum theatre session on leadership and performance…
Do you dread role-play? Forum Theatre could be your solution. Today we have guest blogger and actor Tim Sanders who is presenting his pitch about the use of Forum Theatre in training. 'What two words are usually guaranteed to have your training delegates swallowing hard and staring wide-eyed as the…
Forum Theatre It may sound a little austere but don’t be fooled. Forum Theatre is another powerful and enjoyable interactive tool for developing awareness, new behavioural strategies and enhanced communication. So how does Forum Theatre work? As a group, we explore dramatic scenarios that bring relevant challenges to life,…